Beijing, China – Questions
Bold the correct answer for each question.
1) How long has Beijing been China’s centre for Government?
- a) Almost 20 years b) Almost 200 years
c)Almost 800 years d) Almost 80 years
2) Which two rivers does Beijing sit between?
- a) Yongding and Yellow Rivers b) Yangtze and Yellow Rivers
- c) Chobai and Yangtze RIvers d) Yongding and Chobai Rivers
3) After not letting people in for hundreds of years, what is the Forbidden City now?
- a) A theme park b) A government building
- c) A museum d) A military base
4) Which of Beijing’s Parks contains the “Temple of Heaven”?
- a) Beihai Park b) Tiantan Park
- c) Tiananmen Square d) Cornwall Park
5) Who was the leader responsible for naming Beijing “Dadu” in the 1200’s?
- a) Vladimir Putin b) Donald Trump
- c) Kublai Khan d) Ghengis Khan
6) Tiananmen Square is one of the most famous places in Beijing, but what is a “Tiananmen”?
It means Gate of Heavenly Peace.
7) Beijing does something that is “unlike” other big cities – what is it?
8) Do you think it is important for countries to look after ancient and old places like The Forbidden City?
Explain your answer in 2 or more sentences
Yes because it is part of human history and is probably rare.